Saturday, February 6, 2010

Febuary 7th-13th

Sunday: SUPER BOWL SUNDAY (not sure what we are all eating, but I know I am having my favorite salad and buffalo chicken dip)

Monday: Turkey Burgers Marinara

Tuesday: Linguine with Mushrooms

Wednesday: Shells with Cheddar & Broccoli

Thursday: Shrimp & Zucchini with Bowties in Light Tomato Sauce

Friday: Hot Pizza Pocket Sandwiches

Saturday: Open Face Italian Heroes


I had a request for the recipe for the Mexican Meatloaf as well as a review! Woo Hoo. I make a ton of meatloaves...they are easy and the kiddos USUALLY eat them! This one was no different. Everyone ate it, including picky Clare...once I scrapped off the enchilada sauce that she told me was spicy. It does have a little bit of spicy but if I can get Clare to eat the majority of her serving, I'm happy! I served it with Baked Potatoes, carrots and left over macaroni and cheese. (Really the mac and cheese was only because 1. it was left over and 2. I knew I could get Clare to eat it since she wouldn't eat the baked potato)

Recipe:

Description:
1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
1/2 pound lean ground turkey breast
2 large egg whites
2 oz. cornbread stuffing dry mix (about 1 cup)
1 medium onion
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground cumin
4 oz. can green chili peppers, diced
8 oz. canned enchilada sauce

Preheat oven to 375*F. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix beef, turkey, egg whites, stuffing mix, onion, chili powder, cumin, chilies, and half of the enchilada sauce together. Shape into a loaf on the pan. Cook for 1 hour, top with remaining enchilada sauce and bake for 5 minutes more. Slice into 6 pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment